Sunday 30 March 2014

Why your mother is so controlling.

Snippets of my mother's reactions 

I noticed a trend lately. Although I've graduated from university and grown up, my mother still tries to make decisions on my behalf. It actually makes me laugh at times.

I've been pondering during the week and this has led me to the following conclusions.


Your mother is controlling because she kept you in her stomach (uterus for the the biologists) for 9-10 months. I'm privileged to talk with some of my aunties and when they describe the pain they've had to go through, it justifies the way they act at times. From morning sickness, swelling of legs and arms, sleeping discomfort, pimples, weight gain, face expansion, unruly cravings, hormonal changes and waddling as opposed to walking. The list is not exhaustive. 


Then she had contractions and went into labour, which for someone like my mum went on for 2 days when she was having me. Some endured a vaginal rip, had a c-section or others chose to have a natural birth. My aunties tell me it's a pain you can't describe! Let me conclude, the pain is intense. She breastfed you and for those who are unaware, it hurts!


You decided to grow and change clothes like you owned Selfridges. You cried, like you lived by yourself, you pooped like you were an ice cream machine and you urinated like you were a tap. She woke you up everyday to get ready for school. Took you to ballet class, football or whatever other extra curricular activity you went for. She took you to the barbers and had to listen to men talk about why Arsenal stopped winning trophies or the decline in Man U's performance (sorry I just had to). If you're a girl, let's not talk about the bargains she had to make with the hairdressers almost every six weeks because it was expensive to do your hair.


Then you went to secondary school and started misbehaving and she had to come into school, sit with teachers and hear them complain about their child's behaviour. Don't forget how you moaned, cried and groaned about GCSE'S and A-level's and how she prayed that you'd get into your desired choice of university. 


You left for university and she pretended that she didn't miss you but she called every other day to make sure that you're all right. She still bought you clothes at your age, taught you how to cook and clean and gave you money to settle you.


Some of you took it a step further and decided to get married and on your wedding day she shed a tear as she realised you were no longer going to live with her.


Whilst this may not speak for everyone, there is something that relates to every individual. Your mum is controlling because she actually earned it. Do I think they need to simmer it down a bit? Yes I do but like my mum always says "Wait till you get there!"


Happy Mother's Day to all mothers and potential mothers! 


Rubologs 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Nice one girl.
    Keep d flag flying really really high..lol

    Kind Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig