Saturday 1 March 2014

Lessons learnt in February

Source: www.my.englishclub.com

You may or may not know but I take stock of everything I learn in each month. It's something new I started this year and so far it's helped me to mature and become aware of growth or in some cases the lack of growth.

I base this task on this scripture from Proverbs 9:9 which says,  'Instruct the wise, and they will be even wiser. Teach the righteous, and they will learn even more.' 


I want to be a person who learns from their mistakes and from that is able to help others not make that mistake. Therefore, I must first of all identify and address mistakes or habits in my life that need to be removed and put structures in place that will help me not to make them again. 


May I just say however, some of the things I learn are actually positive things about myself or people around me that I never took notice of before and it really helps. 



Here it goes, my list of things that I learnt this February

1. Life gives you what you give it. If you're lazy, you'll reap poverty. If you're hard working you'll attain success. It's as simple as that.

2. I value and cherish my family more than I thought I did. They mean a lot to me and without their constant support, I genuinely don't know where I'd be.

3. I can easily lose myself, if I don't focus and keep the end goal in mind. I mean this in relation to my Christian walk with God but also other aspects of my life. For example, sometimes I lose sight of the fact that one day I want to inspire other young people so I may act or do things that are contrary to that. However, having such an image in mind helps me to refocus and keep my actions in line. 

4. I care about people a lot and sometimes I put them before myself which leads to lack of care to myself. Yeah soo if I say no sometimes, I do apologise but I need to take care of myself. Thanks!

5. Good things come to those who wait. This point may cause some controversy but after some careful bible study, I've seen those who wait on, depend on, trust in God for no matter how long usually end up with the best deal. You may have some reservations about this but Gods time is ALWAYS best.

6. God actually loves me and I will be able to accomplish those things that I desire to. I realised this after having a conversation with my mentors about marriage. From the beginning to almost the end of the conversation, I was in tears, not because of what they were saying per se but because it was proof that I was actually on God's mind. Yeah that totally blew me away, call me soft if you wish lol.

7. I'm shy, very shy. I recently attended a friends bible study at her church and can I just say that I almost fainted at the idea of being alone without her for a split second *coversface*. I never knew it was that bad. However, I'm working on it as I've signed up to go to a networking event exclusively for ladies so I can build on that area of my life. 

8. Last but not least. Laziness is deadly. My goodness, this is something I will kill! You don't become successful by chance, I must rid myself of this!

So, here's my list. I'm already making amendments as I type because it is necessary and essential. I'm definitely learning a lot about myself and so should you.

If you want to know how to do this too, spend a certain part of your day thinking about the events that occurred that day and simply jot it down. I currently put all these thoughts on my phone and then transfer them to my blog for y'all to see and also learn from. 

What are the things you learned in February? share it with me by commenting below!

Rubologs 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig