Thursday 4 September 2014

In September, I remember....


Source: www.smashingmagazine.com

It's the beginning of the month and instead of doing my monthly snippets on lessons I've learnt, I thought I'd switch it up this month.

Follow me as I share the 9 things I'm grateful for:


My faith. There's many things in this world that disappoint but the God I worship doesn't have this track record. For the love He continually bestows on me. The fact that He knows my future and helps me to reach it keeps me in awe. The fact that He seeks me and speaks to me, I'm grateful.


My family. I'm grateful because we're still together despite the many things that could've separated us. We're growing each day to understand one another and for the love they display whether it's through shouting or hugging, I'm grateful.


My friends. I have a good set of friends. Friends that tell me the truth, help me, encourage me. Friends that actively maintain our friendship, not ones that I have to chase for a text lol. They've been there through the braids, tracks, weaves and Brazilian times. I'm grateful.


My fights.  So far this year has been good but I've cried a few times and had my share of ups and downs. I've had to fight the desires to sin, the desires to want more and the desire to at times give up. But all in all I can say that I've overcome many things and for that, I'm grateful.


My fears. I'm grateful for these because it helps me to remember that my hopes and dreams should be in one persons hand. It helps me to put things in perspective and keeps me running to the person that can take the doubts away. It's always a great exchange and for this I'm grateful.


My feelings. It's not something that comes to mind, is it? I'm not saying it's ok to be angry or constantly moody without resolving the issues causing these expressions of emotions but I'm saying it's great that we can be ourselves.  So whilst it sounds silly, I don't have to go through a lifetime of suppressed emotions and for this I'm grateful.


My flaws. I'm not perfect. I have some blemishes which I'm using toner for (lol the make up artists will laugh at me for that). But rather than look at my flaws and become discouraged, I look up to the one who is perfect to help me. For this privilege, I'm grateful.


My food. I like food!! In my language we have a name for those who like food and loosely translated it's someone who IS food (did I get that right?). I can have any type of food because I live in a place where variety is not lacking. Others don't have so I savour every moment and for that, I'm grateful.


My future. Simply put, He holds my world in His hands; I'm secure and most importantly I'm grateful.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig