Wednesday 12 July 2017

The beautiful butterfly

The LORD says, "I will give you back what you lost to the swarming locusts, the hopping locusts, the stripping locusts, and the cutting locusts. It was I who sent this great destroying army against you. (Joel 2:25 NLT)


Hi everyone, 

This is actually an unscheduled post. I was initially going to post on Sunday but I refrained and now I know why…follow me through.

At times, I take an old diary and go to that same day in the previous year. I read over what I wrote, what was on my mind including my fears, worries and expectations I held for that year. The outcome is usually one of mixed emotions. Some entries cause me to be happy, others cause me to be ecstatic and others cause me to well up in tears. Overall, I always notice some form of progress, no matter how small.

Yesterday was one of those moments and I’d like to share it with you.

This time last year I had just closed the door on a situation and was going through a rough season. I was struggling with my dissertation, managing a demanding a part time job, started a new church where I was given responsibilities and other ad hoc responsibilities that found their way through to me. What put the cherry on the cake was that I was battling with anxiety. At the time, I wasn’t too aware what I was experiencing. I knew that I couldn’t sleep well, I ate more than I needed to, I had severe muscle pain over my legs, nausea showed up occasionally and I found it hard to concentrate.

My anxiety story will be one I’ll share in length one day but for now I want to thank God for the progress since last year.

I think the worst part of this period was that I didn’t really share this thoroughly with anyone apart from God and my journal.

As I was reading through my journal yesterday, something caught my attention. I had just finished from a busy busy busy weekend. It was my besties birthday and a friend’s bridal shower, the day before my prince2 certificate in project management. HOW this happened to me and I got through it, I will never understand. God’s grace is real y’all! I saw a prayer that I wrote down regarding that weekend and I looked up and smiled.

As I write today, I am a project manager working for a reputable company (sorry can’t mention the name haha) WITHIN my field. Honestly, let me not lie to you, I didn’t think I would even put this qualification to use, I just did it at the time without giving it much thought.
I can also say that emotionally, I am in a healthy place, anxiety is far from me and I see life from such a beautiful perspective.

As with the butterfly, adversity is necessary to build character in people.
                                                                                                             Joseph B Wirthlin

This post is just to encourage myself and someone else who may be unable to see the light at the end of the tunnel…I was once there but things have surely turned around. I haven’t shared the full story of progress as it is ongoing but I still hope that in some way this has sparked a light in you.

It’s mid-July of 2017, can you remember where you were this time last year? I’m sure it has been nothing but a story of progress! Drop us a comment and share your story with us.

With love,



Rubo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig