Wednesday 27 December 2017

Birthday Messages

What a year! 

If you know me personally then you would know that this year has been nothing but a year of harvest on every side and I am nothing but eternally grateful to God.
Every year, I take time out to hear what the word for the next year will be. This year it came in two batches and I thought it may be of benefit to share with everyone else. 

One question that has popped up severally over the past few months for me has been focusing on what I see. I don’t mean physical things per se. I’m referring to my future, goals, visions etc. 

For example, there was one time I was running late for a train I really needed to get on. As I was picking up my pace, I heard God say “What do you see?” I’m like first of all, I can’t talk and run at the same time lol. Eventually I responded that I see myself getting on the train. I got to the train station 50 seconds before the train left and someone helped me get on the train. This is one instance out of several examples.

God was trying to teach me something. Ultimately, He is in control but we have a part to play. What you see, is what will occur. What you see will be what you work towards or anticipate. It is such a mystery but I encourage us all to refocus our lenses by which we operate. 

This year I ‘saw’ several things before they happened. I essentially, through God’s help, created my own path and achieved personal desires that in other circumstances would have taken much longer. Another example, is in the area of my career. I kid you not, I changed roles twice this year because I knew there was more. I saw myself in a different position and God fulfilled it. 

So what do you see? Limitations or opportunities? Victory or defeat? Possibility or impossibilities? 
I will say that it’s not everything you see that will occur at that moment. As I mentioned earlier, God is in ultimate control and sometimes things are withheld for our own good, but we have a part to play. 

May I add that until we adjust what we see, we won't walk in full potential. 

Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, "I find no pleasure in them" Ecclesiastes 12:1

This is just a word of caution and honestly I love how balanced God’s word actually is when we choose to take the time out to understand it. 

There's a reason why this scripture is so relevant. ‘The time of your youth’ is a unique opportunity you’ll never have again. It’s when you’re most naive, so you can explore different things. It’s the time you have the most strength and even zeal to take risks. It allows you to explore, find and build. Key element here is build. It is a time to build, a foundation if you will. This is why as we build it is in our best interest to build with our creator. 

The time of our youth is also very special because things are still very new to us. It's the beginning of a journey to discovery. Therefore whilst you still have the time, make sure you use it wisely. 

So as we step into 2018, take some time to assess what you see and stay in tune with your source. 


Happy birthday to me!

Ruth

P.S. 

A few scriptures that got me through the year are:
Ecclesiastes 9:10
1 Peter 5:6
Isaiah 55:10-11
Job 32:8
Zechariah 4:6
Psalm 31:14-15
Psalm  16:8
Psalm 46:10
Isaiah 41:10
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig