Wednesday 30 April 2014

What I didn't learn in March and stumbled across in April

Spring at its best
(Source: www.google.co.uk)
Hi everyone,

It's been a while and there a few good reasons why I have been MIA. Firstly, I GOT A JOB!!! *praisebreak*. This may not be ecstatic news to everyone but for me and fellow recent graduates this is awesome news. I will be blogging about my experience later. Secondly, my big sister got married (plus other weddings) and I was too busy being excited that I just couldn't put my thoughts down.


So, as promised every month I take stock of the lessons I learn and share them. However, last month, I didn't learn much. In fact, spiritually, March was messed up, tore up, you name it. I had serious moments where I doubted God's abilities, spouts of insecurities, lack of faith and the list goes on. This is despite the fact that I actually took time to organise my month. It reminds me of a scripture which says "Many are the plans in a persons heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21 (NIV)

I don't have a list of lessons this time around but I have a few distinct things that I remember. 


I didn't learn that if you give the devil a foothold, he will take it and turn it into a stronghold. What I mean in simple terms is, give the devil a foot and he'll take a mile. I seriously let my guard down last month. I didn't shield my heart, mind or soul and I thought I'd be okay. It doesn't work like that...at all! See, I've come to realise this, the devil comes but to 'kill, steal and destroy (John 10:10). But he doesn't come to your room to wake you up at night to punch you instead he thinks like a business man and seizes certain opportunities and uses it to his full advantage. Be alert, the Bible encourages, BE ALERT!


Holiness is a verb! God has clothed us in His righteousness but we need to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. It is something we work on daily, consciously and persistently. Holiness is not by accident.


I've also realised that success doesn't suddenly fall on your lap. You must work at it. I've had to make adjustments in my life in order to align myself with success. Might I add that, success is objective to each individual and this should be taken in to consideration when you find yourself making comparisons with your peers.


Finally, God's grace (empowerment in this sense) is readily available. In 'Christianese' we tend to say that we need to 'tap' into it. A tap is used in controlling the flow of some form of liquid. However, until you turn the tap on, nothing will come out of it. How do you turn on grace? Acknowledge that it is present and it will begin to flow. 


Personally, I've taken this on board and decided to run with it.


Until we meet again


Rubologs



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Congratulations on your new job Ruth!!
    I like your monthly lessons posts and it's great to see a twist to it in April :-) .. You hit the nail on the hand when you say the devil thinks like a business man (a very wise one at that!), very tactical with gazillion years of experience.. It's wisdom on our part to be alert all.the.time - Is it easy? No! But we pray for God's grace, because for me, I am not ready to give in even an inch!
    Well done hun, we look forward to your work tales (and lessons) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ayo, it's always encouraging to know that someone is positively influenced by what I write, makes it all worth it!

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig