Tuesday 13 May 2014

Who's asking about my heart?


Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!

And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!" Psalm 139:23-24 (ESV).
(Source: www.netdoctor.co.uk)

This will be a short piece but I believe it is relevant to the subject at hand-The Heart.

I recently, spoke about the heart and this topic has been ruminating within me for the past month. After pondering continuously on the content of my heart, I realised I was asking the wrong person. How will I truly know what is in the content of my heart?


Like David I asked
"Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!

24 And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!" Psalm 139:23-24 (ESV).

I think one of the reasons God asked me this question and does it quite frequently is because He's ensuring that my motive is right. What's the essence of serving an individual but doing it with resentment in your heart towards the person? It's a contradicting act and will amount to nothing. Hence we shouldn't forget that He is looking at the content of your heart. 


As I was thinking of this, I stumbled across the fact that God might be constantly asking me this question in order to make me aware that He's always watching me. 


Psalm 139:7-12 (ESV) says
"Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea even there your hand shall lead me and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me and the light about me be night,”even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you."


I can't hide from Him as He knows everything already, including the content of my heart.


Next time you feel a nudge regarding your heart, think motive, think presence.


Rubologs 


11 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig