Sunday 16 November 2014

Better late than never (2)- I'm tired of trusting, hoping and believing



Source: www.gopixpic.com



No honestly,  I'm over it. It's draining, or am I doing it the wrong way?

Oh I apologise for those who assumed this would be another inspirational post but I've promised myself to be more honest with you this year.

Lately, all I have received through my digital letter box, are letters starting with the phrase 'We are sorry to inform you', 'It is with regret we inform you', 'We are afraid that we cannot accept your application' and so on and so forth. It is disheartening.

In all honesty, part of the reason I am tired is that I keep going through these cycles. I am tired of seeking the direction, receiving it, taking action, praying and hoping that it will work out, only for it to fall through like water through a sieve. However, I laugh as I'm starting to realise that my theme for the year may actually be trust; in the sense of walking with God.

I think God wants me to learn and develop in the area of trusting Him. But as you can tell, I am finding this particularly difficult. There are a million questions buzzing through my head as I try and comprehend the idea of trusting, waiting and 'faithing' (for lack of better word).

I have two choices. The first is to trust God despite the fact that I have NO CLUE as to what is happening with me. The second is to be bitter and harden my heart towards God even though the situation remains that I have NO CLUE as to what is going on. Let's just say I have almost made up my mind.

Having said that, I have chosen to ponder on a few scriptures to put things into perspective
Isaiah 26:3 (ESV)
"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."

Isaiah 40:31 (NLT)
"But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

Isaiah 40:8 (NLT)
"The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever."


Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


Jeremiah 33:3 (ESV)
"Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known."


Listen, (you too Ruth), this walk of faith is not easy. Whilst this may be true, we must remain convinced that God is walking with us, working for us, in and through us at every point in time especially when it does not appear to be so.

So Rubologians (haha as if), I apologise for my somewhat melancholic tone, but I chose to be open and honest with you. 

By the way, in case you've forgotten, it is well with your soul.

Stay tuned on the next post 

Rubologs 






















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig